The number of calories in dates and what are the types of dates, as the date fruit is delicious and nutritious at the same time as it is a good source of energy and fiber, in addition to it contains many essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and for this you must add this delicious fruit to the healthy diet, and the reference site helps us To know healthy and correct information about fruits
Calories in dates
Lots of people have about the calories in dates as a meal of 5-6 dates contains about 120 calories, 0 grams of fat, 1 gram of protein, 30 grams of carbohydrates and 3 grams of fiber.
An overview of dates
Dates are the fruit of the palm tree that is grown in many tropical regions of the world, where dates have become very common in recent years, in western countries dates are sold almost dried, and it can be known whether the dates are dried or not based on their appearance, where wrinkled skin indicates Dryness, while smooth skin indicates freshness, and depending on the variety, fresh dates are rather small in size and range in color from bright red to light yellow. Medjool and Dagla Noor are among the most consumed types, and they are rich in some important nutrients and have a variety of Advantages and uses, as dates contain a high amount of antioxidants called polyphenols, and in fact dates contain a higher amount of polyphenols than the most common fruits and vegetables consumed according to the United States Department of Agriculture, as dates tend to grow in harsh and hot climates, and protect the polyphenols. Fruit from spoilage.
Watch also: How many calories are in an orange
The percentage of sugar in dates
Dates are low in fat and protein, but rich in sugars, especially fructose and glucose, as they are a high source of energy, as 100 grams of dates can provide an average of 314 calories, and there are 10 minerals, the most important of which are selenium, copper, potassium and magnesium, and it can provide 100 grams of consumption. Of dates, more than 15% of the recommended daily amount of these minerals, and vitamin B complex and C, these are the main vitamins in dates, and dates have a high percentage of dietary fiber (8.0 g / 100 g), and this insoluble dietary fiber is the main part of Dietary fiber in dates, as dates are a good source of antioxidants, especially carotenoids and phenols, and date seeds contain a high percentage of protein (5.1 g / 100 g) and fat (9. 0 g / 100 g) compared to the date itself, and it is also rich in fiber. Dietary (73.1g / 100g), phenols (3942mg / 100g) and antioxidants (80400μmol / 100g).
The nutritional value of dates
Dates contain many nutritious elements, including the following:
Food component unit quantity Derived by water 21.32 g Analytical Energy 277 Calories calculated energy 1160 kilojoules Calculated protein 1.81 g Analysis Total fats (fats) 0.15 g Analysis of Ash 1.74 g Analysis of carbohydrates by difference 74.97 g Calculated total dietary fiber 6.7 g Analysis of sugars, including In that NLEA 66.47 g Analysis of Sucrose 0.53 g Analysis of Glucose (Dextrose) 33.68 g Analysis of Fructose 31.95 g Analysis of Lactose 0 g Analysis of Maltose 0.3 g Analysis of Galactose 0 g Analysis of Calcium 64 mg Analysis of Iron 0.9 mg Analysis of Magnesium 54 mg Analysis of Phosphorous 62 mg Analysis of Magnesium Potassium 696 mg Analytical Sodium 1 mg Analytical Zinc 0.44 mg Analysis Copper 0.362 mg Analysis Minnesota 0.296 mg Analytical Vitamin C, Total Ascorbic Acid 0 mg Analytical Thiamine 0.05 mg Analytical Riboflavin 0.06 mg Analysis Niacin 1.61 mg Analysis Pantothenic Acid 0.805 mg Analytical Vitamin B 6 analytical folic acid 0.249 mg, total 15 mcg analytical folic acid 0 microgram assumption zero (trace amount or not naturally occurring in food, such as fiber in meat) h Folic acid, food 15 micrograms of analytical folic acid, DFE 15 micrograms calculated choline, total 9.9 mg betaine 0.4 mg analytical vitamin A, ray 7 micrograms analyte carotene, beta 89 micrograms of carotene, alpha 0 micrograms of analytical vitamin A IU, 149 IU, Analytic Lycopene 0 g Analytic Lutein + Zeaxanthin 23 ليg Analytical Vitamin D (D2 + D3), IU 0 IU Assumption Zero (trace or not naturally occurring in food, such as fiber in meat) Vitamin D (D2 + D3) 0 g Assumption Zero (a trace amount or not naturally occurring in food, such as fiber in meat) Vitamin K (phylloquinone) 2.7 g Analytical Vitamin K (Dihydrophyloquinone) 0 g Analytical unsaturated fatty acid 0 g Assumption Zero (a small amount or not naturally occurring in food, such as fiber in meat) Tryptophan 0.007 g Analytical Threonine 0.042 g Analytical Isoleucine 0.045 g Analytical Lysine 0.082 g Analytical Lysine 0.054 g Analysis Methionine 0.017 g Analytical Cysteine 0.046 g Analysis Phenylalanine 0.048 g Analysis Tero Zain 0.016 g Analytical valine 0.066 g Analytical arginine 0.06 g Analytical Histidine 0.029 g Analysis of Alanine 0.078 g Analysis of Aspartic Acid 0.22 g Analysis of Glutamic Acid 0.265 g Analysis of Glycine 0.09 g Analysis of Proline 0.111 g Analytical Serine 0.062 g Analytical
The benefits of dates
Dates have many nutritional benefits, as they are rich in many nutrients, fiber and antioxidants, and eating them may provide health benefits ranging from improving digestion to reducing the risk of disease, and here are some of these benefits:
- Dates are very nutritious: Dates have excellent nutritional properties, they contain many vitamins and minerals, in addition to fiber and antioxidants, they are rich in calories because they are dried fruits.
- High in fiber: Getting enough fiber is important for overall body health, as dates are rich in fiber, which may be helpful in preventing constipation and controlling blood sugar.
- High in disease-fighting antioxidants: Dates provide many antioxidants that have a number of health benefits, including reducing the risk of many diseases, and may help prevent the development of some chronic diseases, such as heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s and diabetes.
- May boost brain health: Eating dates helps improve brain function, and dates may be helpful in reducing inflammation and preventing plaque formation in the brain, which is important for preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
- May enhance natural labor: Dates have been studied for their ability to promote and relieve pain in late labor in pregnant women, and help promote and facilitate normal labor for a pregnant woman when consumed during the last few weeks of pregnancy.
- Excellent natural sweetener: dates are a source of fructose, which is a natural type of sugar found in fruits. Dates are a healthy alternative to white sugar in recipes due to their sweet taste, nutrients, fiber and antioxidants.
- Other possible health benefits: Dates are claimed to promote bone health and aid in blood sugar control, but these effects have not been adequately studied.
- Easy to add to the diet: Dates are very versatile and make a delicious snack, often paired with other foods such as almonds, nut butter or soft cheese, and it is important to note that dates are rich in calories and that their sweet taste makes them easy to eat, for this reason. It is best eaten in moderation.
Fresh foods and their benefits in ten lines, with pictures in detail
Dates are one of the most popular fruits in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in particular and the Middle East in general, as there are many types of dates everywhere and each type has its quality and taste that varies from one place to another, as it is one of the most desirable fruits, in the Gulf and the Middle East. Dates:
- Al-Khudary Dates: Al-Khudary dates are one of the most popular and popular types of dates due to their low calories, delicious sweet taste, curly crust, soft texture and sweet taste similar to raisins.
- Ajwa dates: It has been associated with the Islamic faith for centuries and is considered the most popular in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East.
- Medjool dates: The taste of unknown dates is delicious and resembles the taste of caramel and its taste remains in the mouth for a long time, and is characterized by its large size, and it is one of the most important types of dates in the world because of its sweet and tender taste, and it is also used in preparing juices that have many health benefits such as strengthening immunity the device.
- Rutab dates: This type is characterized by its sweet taste and golden color, as many people offer it with coffee as a kind of hospitality or as a gift.
- Diabetic dates: so called due to their sugary taste, also known as royal dates, and is characterized by the fragility of its texture, and has multiple benefits as it helps reduce cholesterol in the body, helps get rid of fatigue and exhaustion and also works to prevent tooth decay.
- Al-Zahidi dates: They taste similar to walnuts, have a thick crust with a golden color, and what distinguishes them from other dates in terms of health is that they contain a large percentage of fiber.
- Al-Safa Dates: It is distinguished by its sweetness and taste that is different from the rest of the dates, so the ability to chew these dates varies according to the extent of the wrinkle on their peel, and is characterized by its dark cherry black color with some brown color.
- Al-Mabroum dates: Al-Mabroum dates are an excellent variety of dates, as they are distinguished by their long shape and red color, and are considered one of the best quality dates and the best in terms of taste, and they offer many health benefits and are recommended for disease prevention as they are a rich source of minerals and antioxidants.
- Anbar Dates: This date is considered one of the most expensive types of dates. It is characterized by its large size and small seed. It is also a rich source of protein and has a sweet taste like sugar.
Tips when eating dates
Dates contain a lot of carbohydrates and fibers, so if a large amount of dates is consumed in one session, this may be the cause of stomach cramps or other unpleasant digestive problems, and it can provide eating a large amount of good amount of sugar, which They may not be beneficial for some people trying to lose weight, especially if they have been advised to follow a low-sugar diet, and it is best to eat dates with a healthy source of fat and protein for a balanced snack, for example pairing dates with cheese, plain yogurt, nuts, or with savory dishes.
Dates to lose weight
Dates have been used as a natural sweetener for centuries in the Middle East and some African cultures, where dates can be eaten fresh, but most western societies eat dried dates, such as dried fruits. Dried dates contain a low water content and a relatively high sugar content. They contain sugar, as dates are a rich source of fiber and antioxidants and provide a trace amount of many different minerals and amino acids, and they can be part of a healthy weight loss diet, as research indicates that a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and fiber can be beneficial for weight loss.
Diet to lose weight 10 kilos in a week without sports
Potential risks of dried dates
Dried dates may contain high levels of polyphenols (antioxidants), minerals, and fiber, but these traits can also be a problem for some people, and an added concern is the high levels of sulfites (chemicals found in some foods) that dried dates contain. Some people also suffer from an allergy to sulfites and may suffer from a variety of side effects as a result of this, and it is important to consult a doctor before consuming dried dates as a health supplement, and the following should be taken into consideration before eating a snack of dried dates:
- Allergy: Some people may suffer from an allergy to the fruits of dates, in addition to this, the sulfates present in dried dates can lead to allergic reactions in some people, and the symptoms can differ from one person to another, as many people suffer from a rash, and some may suffer People with sensitive eyes with itching, tears, red eyes, or runny nose after consuming it.
- High in sugar: Dried dates contain a high percentage of sugar, and although they are full of vitamins and minerals that they provide, this is true for dates in all their forms, but the drying process increases the sugar content, and if the blood sugar level is a concern, then you should stick to eating dates. Freshly prepared in moderation, as research suggests it has a limited effect on glucose levels.
- High in calories: Two dried dates contain only 110 calories, and this makes them a great choice for supplying the body with energy, but it is less ideal for losing weight, so whoever wants to lose weight should eat it in moderation or try other types of dried fruits rich in nutrients, But it is lower in calories than dried dates.
The normal ratio of sugar in the blood of a healthy person
In this article we mentioned the number of calories in dates, the types of dates and the nutrients in dates, and we also showed the benefits of dates, including that they are rich in fiber and antioxidants that reduce the incidence of serious diseases, and we also explained the harms of dates to a specific group of people such as those with allergies to dates and those who follow a diet To lose weight.